Thursday, May 29, 2014

Aaron Hobson - Carley Winiesdorffer

Aaron Hobson

Known as "the cinemascapist," Aaron Hobson utilizes wide shots, similar to those of film and television, in order to instill narrative into his work. Hobson works to single out basic human emotions in his photographs, and aims to create a story or plot in his cinemascapes with unknown outcomes to allow viewers the opportunity to fill in the blanks, diving as far into the narrative and emotion of the work as they so choose.

The cinematic aesthetic of his work really drew me in. The photographs themselves are printed very large, like the viewer's own personal cinema screen and allows you to immerse yourself in the scene. I enjoy that his scenes are full of detail but still vague enough that as a viewer, I can imagine my own story in order to understand and continue the narrative that has been presented to me. It's the 'choose-your-own-adventure' game of the photography world.

No comments:

Post a Comment