Sunday, November 6, 2011

Alan Dehmer

Maybe I'm a little biased (and maybe this post breaks the rules a little), but I am very impressed by my dad's work. He started out as a photojournalist shooting for local papers and magazines as well as publications like the New York Times, TIME, and the Christian Science Monitor, to name a few. Now he does more art photography, primarily using an alternative process called Gum Bichromate. I am not only totally impressed with his ability to capture intriguing juxtaposition as a photographer but I also love the Gum Bichromate process. I've tried it myself and it's a really fun combination of photography, chemistry, and painting.

I could brag about him and his work all day. But you guys should check out his website--there are some really cool things to look through in all of the galleries. Also read about the process and his artist statement.

http://www.woodsedge.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment