Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tawny Davis


Peruvian Shop (2010)
-I took this when I was studying abroad in Peru last summer. We were on the bus leaving Moray, and as I was looking out the bus window we passed this woman on the side of the road selling typical peruvian items, so I took out my camera a snapped this. Every time i look at it, it reminds me of being there in the mountains of Peru, how simplistic everything was, their everyday life was so beautiful, just being there, I miss it a lot.

Afghan Girl
Photographer: Steve McCurry
This photo was taken by National Geographic photographer Steve McCurry in 1984 - it was on the magazine's cover the next year. The girl pictured, was one of the students at the refugee camp. She was about 12 at the time. Her facial expression and piercing eyes symbolize the dignity and resilience of her people. I love this photo, every time I look at this photo she puts me in a trance, and all I can do is look into her eyes, its like you can see right into her soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment