Sunday, November 10, 2013

Abbey Reddington- Andri Tambunan





If you're really into travel photography as I am, Andri Tambunan's work is a must see. At age ten he moved to the United States, and later quit his corporate job, throwing in the towel to travel the world and photograph the current issues, specifically in Indonesia. His amazing captures of life and color  are undeniable. Each portrait exhibits a story deeper than meets the eye. He allows the subject to stay in their natural habitat but learns intimate details first about their lives creating a sense of comfortability.

The intimate captures truly touch me not only on an emotional level, but an artistic one as well. After my meeting with Shane I realized that my portraits tend to be far too close to the subject and I'm losing a lot of story by forcing the picture in the viewers face. Tambunan has such a talent of capturing the essence of the person's story within the frame. Each image exhibiting a softness and attention to detail. The biggest attraction I have to Tambunan's work is the neutral's paired with soft pastels; just absolutely breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment