Sunday, December 8, 2013

Abbey Reddington- The Wade Brothers




David Lyndsey Wade and his brother Lyndon Wad, have received worldwide reclaim for their work ranging from McDonalds to Maxim Magazine. I stumbled upon the work by accident and wasn't as much fascinated by the quality of the work, but more the ambiguity of it. I flipped form images that promoted athleticism (Gatorade,) to fashion models clothed in my favorite designers (Alice and Olivia,) to even documenting a battlefield explosion titled "Baghdad in the U.K." Although a lot of the brothers work is kind of commercial, it's not complete visual garbage, in fact they manage to take an artistic stance on commercial photography. That alone, gives reason to be recognized.

The images are crisp and all share a bluish tone. The one thing I would critique with the brothers work, is that some of the images could have been shifted to get a more satisfying composition. Something that baffles me is how two people could work together to get one complete image. That is the main reason I chose to look further into the work. I am fascinated how artists can incorporate their ideas into one product, successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment