Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christian Patterson







Christian Patterson is a New York based photographer. I found him on Tim Barber's "gallery" website, tinyvices. What forced me to look at his work is the strong color chooses he finds in his subjects. His work reminds me a little bit of a Todd Hido/David LaChapelle -esque combination. His work has a creepy feel to it but the color choice almost overpowers the creepy undertones. He works with a lot of abstractions which I feel it is hard to find in photography. He not only works in his fine art photography but he has prints from a graphic design -esque background. He also experiments with writing and photojournalistic approaches. I really appreciate artists that don't necessarily pigeon hole themselves in to only one discipline.


Definitely look at his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment